Common Change Terms of Service
Welcome to Common Change! We know that you’re not here to read spam or garbage, that you don’t want to download stuff that will mess up your computer, and that you don’t want to be harassed or insulted. To make sure that the Common Change website and the content and services it provides to you are of the highest possible quality, we have developed the following Terms of Service.
- Group Fund Policy – Our Group Fund Policy outlines how groups operate when using our Services
We welcome your feedback and ideas on how to improve these terms. Please contact us at email@example.com with any suggestions.
Terms of Services (“TOS”)
1. Acceptance of Terms Relational Tithe, Inc., dba Common Change provides its service to you subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”), which may be updated by us from time to time. By using the Common Change Website (www.CommonChange.com) including any subdomains and any replacement or successor website or portions thereof (the “Website”), all users (“you”) agree to be bound by this Terms of Service Agreement (this “Agreement”), whether or not you participate in a Common Change group or post any comments or transactions using the Website (the “Service”). If you wish to become a User of the Website and/or participate in the Service, read this Terms of Service Agreement. By creating an account you indicate that you accept these Terms of Service.
This Agreement may be modified by Common Change from time to time and such modifications will become part of this Agreement and will be effective once posted by Common Change on the Website. If a revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you. You should review the Website and this Agreement from time to time for any modifications. Your use of the Website and participation in the Service will be subject to any modifications of this Agreement by Common Change.
For purposes of this Agreement, “Common Change” means Relational Tithe, Inc. dba Common Change, its officers, directors, agents, employees, partners, and all of their groups.
2. Description of Service Common Change currently provides users with access to a rich collection of resources, including various communications tools, databases of information, collections of expressions, forums, and content through its website(s) (the “Service”). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new Common Change sites and features, shall be subject to the TOS.
3. Your Obligations as a User In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to:
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form and profile screens on the Website (such information being the “Registration Data”), and
(b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
4. User Account, Password, and Security Upon registration of a User Account, you shall provide a valid email address that will be used to communicate between you and the Site, and will be used as the unique identifier for the User Account. All notifications for your attention will be sent to the email address that is associated with your User Account. Messages and notifications are considered received 24 hours after the email has been sent, unless we receive a notification stating that the email address is not valid or functioning.
From time to time, Common Change may send notifications about the site and services to the email addresses given upon registration. You may unsubscribe from these informative emails at any time.
Any change of your personal information (including your email address) requested when creating and completing a User Account must be declared to Common Change within 10 days of the change.
You select an account email and password upon completing the Service’s registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password. Your User Account and your password are personal and cannot be shared, communicated or transferred to any other individual or entity, except as required by law. You recognize and accept to be solely responsible for use of your password and User Account. You agree to:
(a) maintain one account at a time. One individual may only have one account,
(b) immediately notify Common Change of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and,
(c) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Common Change cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
5. User Conduct You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not Common Change, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. Common Change has limited control of the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Common Change be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You agree to NOT use the Service to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, pornographic, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm other users in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Common Change staff member, a group facilitator, or a user,, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another user; or,
- collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that Common Change may not pre-screen Content, but that Common Change and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Common Change and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates these Terms of Service or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by Common Change or submitted to Common Change.
You acknowledge and agree that Common Change may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) protect the rights property, or personal safety of Common Change, our users and the public; or (e) to perform the administrative functions associated with providing the Service.
6. International Use Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
7. Materials Submitted or Made Available for Inclusion on the Service Common Change does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant Common Change the following worldwide, royalty free and non-exclusive license, as applicable:
With respect to Content (including photos, graphics, audio or video) you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
8. Indemnity You agree to indemnify and hold Common Change, and its groups, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of these terms of service, or your violation of any rights of another.
9. Links The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Common Change has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Common Change is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Common Change shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
10. General Information These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Common Change, and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Common Change. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use third-party content or third-party software. The TOS and the relationship between you and Common Change shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. You and Common Change agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the City of Oakland, California. The failure of Common Change to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
11. Modifications to Service Common Change reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Common Change shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
12. Termination You may terminate your participation and status as a User at any time and for any reason upon receipt by Common Change of your written or email notice of termination. You agree that Common Change, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Common Change believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Common Change may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Common Change may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information in your account and/or bar any further access to the Service. If your participation in the Service is terminated by Common Change, you agree not to use the Website any further. Even after your participation in the Service and status as a User is terminated, however, this Agreement will remain in effect. Further, you agree that Common Change shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. COMMON CHANGE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- COMMON CHANGE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM COMMON CHANGE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
15. Limitation of Liability THE USE OF ANY INTERNET RESOURCE INVOLVES CERTAIN INHERENT RISKS. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT COMMON CHANGE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF COMMON CHANGE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
16. Violations Please report any violations of the TOS to us.